Mini Cooper Roadster 2012-2015 Wind Deflector
This item is specially engineered to remain in place once installed.
The installation of this windscreen requires no drilling or permanent modification.
A lifetime warranty is included with your purchase which guarantees that the product will never fade, yellow, peel, or crack like others on the market.
Write Your Own Review
- Just received my Wind Restrictor®. Beautifully engineered and executed product! I completed the installation within 15 minutes: it fits well, looks great, and entailed no modifications to the vehicle whatsoever. Your design puts the factory $650 tedious and overly-complex wind blocker to shame. Well done!
- Someone asked me if this product really blocks wind. Now, my first Red Roadster had the Chrysler wind deflector with it - I do not think that one blocked wind as much as this one does. Last night, I drove home in 48F weather up to 65 miles an hour and I can tell you that with the windows up, and heat on 100%, I would still have trouble keeping warm before. BUT, last night, I had to turn the heat down below 45mph due to it getting too warm in the cabin. As always, I had my hooded coat on - but last night there was NO challenge in keeping warm at such temperatures and speed.
- I would like to give a shout out to Wind Restrictor on their awesome product! Installation was easy and I love how many hookup options there are. Now I can leave my hair down without it blowing into my eyes, even on highways! Not only is the restrictor functional and minimizes the less than ideal chilly and windy aspects of the ride, but it's very fashionable. I love my custom graphic and get so many compliments - plus it was super easy and timely working with the staff on a design, I even received the product weeks earlier than I expected! I highly recommend anyone with a convertible to reach out to Wind Restrictor for an awesome addition to your car!
- I love this product (5 star) and have been super impressed at the way it added to the look of my 2011 Chevy Corvette Grandsport... The online video gave awesome step by step instructions which made it easy to follow along.. My order was processed and shipped the next. I will be ordering the door sills next.
- It looks great, and has surpassed the other options I considered mostly because of the thickness, and the Windrestrictor has a higher level of quality that I felt was lacking in the other offerings I checked out. None of the deflectors for the Z4, including this one, will completely contain the turbulence in the cockpit of the Z4, so in my opinion there will always be that element of wind in the car no matter what, but I see no movement, fluttering or instability so far, so it's all good. Recently, I watched as a 1st Generation Z4 (E85) owner installed another deflector on his car that had velcro straps, and it was soon after viewing that unfortunate guy put that on his car, that I made the decision to go with the Windrestrictor product.
None, this product comes with a 12 volt plug for simple installation. Accessories are simply add-on features.
9 Volt Battery Pack: As simple as it sounds, on/off switch built in. Small and can be hidden out of sight.
Dimmer Control Module with Key-fob Remote: You will be able to turn the unit on and off with remote control and control the intensity of the lighting as well.
Extreme Lighting Kit: (Under Color Selection) The extreme light kit comes with a remote control which will give you the ability to set the product on any given color. It also has an on/off switch and dimmer module built in. The module features several different "light show" options as well including fading, blinking, etc through multiple colors. This option requires a minimum of 12 volts for power, so it can be hardwired or used in combination with the 12 volt plug.
Why aren’t there any lighting options for the smoked tinted version?
The illumination will not work in combination with the tint. If interested, you may have a local tint shop tint a single side of the product to match identically to the tint you already have on your car.
I don’t see a spot to add my custom text or graphics I want, why not?
If you want personalized text or graphics simply click on the appropriate spot when you are selecting a graphic. After your order is placed, a graphic artist will contact you through email to get the details from you. At that time you can either respond back with the file you want, or you simply give a description. Either way we will send you a proof of the design before we laser engrave it for your approval.
I’ve seen this product on other websites; are they all the same?
We are the inventors and manufacturers of the Laser Etched, Illuminated Windrestrictor®. Because of the overwhelming popularity of this new invention; we’ve set up multiple authorized distributors. Every Windrestrictor® World Wide is manufactured in and shipped from Dallas, Texas USA. We stand behind our products with a lifetime warranty!