BMW Z4 2009-2016 Version 2 Wind Deflector
The WindRestrictor® brand wind deflector for the BMW Z4 Roadster E89 (2009-2016) installs using our innovative bracket system which is the most refined, high quality mounting system on the windscreen market today.
The installation of this windschott requires no drilling or permanent modification. The product includes printed instructions which are simple to understand and are written as a "Do It Yourself" modification.
A lifetime warranty is included with the product which guarantees that the product will never fade, yellow, peel, or crack like others on the market.
What makes the WINDRESTRICTOR brand superior?
Consistent with windscreen reviews, customers prefer a stylish product that balances the lustrous body style of their BMW. The #1 best rated WindRestrictor brand was specifically engineered to accomplish this request. The deflector itself is more than thirty times stronger than glass and crystal clear to guarantee absolute rear visibility with no glare. The windscreen's dimensions and profile are designed to reduce the maximum amount of wind turbulence while remaining in place once mounted. Additionally, you will notice a significant reduction in wind noise which will allow you to love the drive in your convertible even more! Our tasteful bracket system was created to allow for a simplistic yet sturdy installation, unlike others on the market which may rattle or vibrate while driving. The brackets are powder coated to match the beautiful black finish of the panel on which it mounts.
Another distinct feature exclusive to the Wind Restrictor brand is that the wind schott can be used as a 3rd brake light. The Lighting can be tapped into the tail lights, drawing more attention to the rear of your BMW as you come to a stop. This safety feature is especially helpful to warn drivers that are following too closely.
4 packages of this product are available, one of which is sure to compliment your style:
[Standard] This package includes the most basic level of windscreen, clear or smoke tinted with a flawless steel bracket mounting system.
[Classic] The classic package was created for the drivers who are looking for a touch of illumination. This product will be clear with your choice of lighting color which will illuminate only the exterior edges.
[Premier] The premier package is available for those of you who prefer a basic wind schott with a logo but do not like the lighting feature. You are able to choose from several of our standard etchings, or even work with one of our graphic artists to design your own. This package is available in crystal clear or smoked.
[Exclusive] The exclusive package is the most popular. The unique combination of an etched logo and illumination truly sets your vehicle apart from the rest. If you are looking for a classy accessory to turn some heads at your favorite car show, this is the package for you!
Other Products You Might Be Interested In?
Our accessories pair well with the Genuine OEM interior LED dash features, as well as our illuminated kick plates which can also be personalized. Whether you're looking to add a small touch of illumination to the foot well area, or even something more bold for a brighter effect, our door sills may be the perfect upgrade. Check them out in our "Other Products" or "Door Sills" section.
Overall, the BMW Z4 was one of the most remarkable designs we have created. We hope you agree, and decide to purchase your BMW accessories here with us at WindRestrictor!
Write Your Own Review
- Just received my Wind Restrictor®. Beautifully engineered and executed product! I completed the installation within 15 minutes: it fits well, looks great, and entailed no modifications to the vehicle whatsoever. Your design puts the factory $650 tedious and overly-complex wind blocker to shame. Well done!
- Someone asked me if this product really blocks wind. Now, my first Red Roadster had the Chrysler wind deflector with it - I do not think that one blocked wind as much as this one does. Last night, I drove home in 48F weather up to 65 miles an hour and I can tell you that with the windows up, and heat on 100%, I would still have trouble keeping warm before. BUT, last night, I had to turn the heat down below 45mph due to it getting too warm in the cabin. As always, I had my hooded coat on - but last night there was NO challenge in keeping warm at such temperatures and speed.
- I would like to give a shout out to Wind Restrictor on their awesome product! Installation was easy and I love how many hookup options there are. Now I can leave my hair down without it blowing into my eyes, even on highways! Not only is the restrictor functional and minimizes the less than ideal chilly and windy aspects of the ride, but it's very fashionable. I love my custom graphic and get so many compliments - plus it was super easy and timely working with the staff on a design, I even received the product weeks earlier than I expected! I highly recommend anyone with a convertible to reach out to Wind Restrictor for an awesome addition to your car!
- I love this product (5 star) and have been super impressed at the way it added to the look of my 2011 Chevy Corvette Grandsport... The online video gave awesome step by step instructions which made it easy to follow along.. My order was processed and shipped the next. I will be ordering the door sills next.
- It looks great, and has surpassed the other options I considered mostly because of the thickness, and the Windrestrictor has a higher level of quality that I felt was lacking in the other offerings I checked out. None of the deflectors for the Z4, including this one, will completely contain the turbulence in the cockpit of the Z4, so in my opinion there will always be that element of wind in the car no matter what, but I see no movement, fluttering or instability so far, so it's all good. Recently, I watched as a 1st Generation Z4 (E85) owner installed another deflector on his car that had velcro straps, and it was soon after viewing that unfortunate guy put that on his car, that I made the decision to go with the Windrestrictor product.
Which accessories do I need to make the lighting work ?
None, this product comes with instructions and the wire tap clamp needed to wire directly into your running lights or break lights. Accessories are simply add-on features.
12 Volt Plug: This item gives you the ability to simply plug the product into your cigarette lighter port.
9 Volt Battery Pack: As simple as it sounds, on/off switch built in. Small and can be hidden out of sight.
Dimmer Control Module with Key-fob Remote: You will be able to turn the unit on and off with remote control and control the intensity of the lighting as well.
Extreme Lighting Kit: (Under Color Selection) The extreme light kit comes with a remote control which will give you the ability to set the product on any given color. It also has an on/off switch built in. The module features several different "light show" options as well including fading, blinking, etc through multiple colors. This option requires a minimum of 12 volts for power, so it can be hardwired or used in combination with the 12 volt plug.
How much is shipping?
Shipping is a flat rate 25.00 inside USA, 55.00 to Canada, and 70.00 for international.
Why aren’t there any lighting options for the smoked tinted version?
The illumination will not work in combination with the tint. If interested, you may have a local tint shop tint a single side of the product to match identically to the tint you already have on your car.
I don’t see a spot to add my custom text or graphics I want, why not?
If you want personalized text or graphics simply click on the appropriate spot when you are selecting a graphic. After your order is placed, a graphic artist will contact you through email to get the details from you. At that time you can either respond back with the file you want, or you simply give a description. Either way we will send you a proof of the design before we laser engrave it for your approval.
I’ve seen this product on other websites; are they all the same?
We are the inventors and manufacturers of the Laser Etched, Illuminated Windrestrictor®. Because of the overwhelming popularity of this new invention; we’ve set up multiple authorized distributors. Every Windrestrictor® World Wide is manufactured in and shipped from Dallas, Texas USA. We stand behind our products with a lifetime warranty!
What is the difference between the Versions?
We offer 4 types of Windrestrictor® brand products for each vehicle.
[Exclusive] Etched and Illuminated: This product comes with an engraved image as well as an ambient lighting system built in to the product.
[Premier] Etched Only: This means there is no lighting system with the product but you do get the laser engraved image.
[Classic] Clear Illuminated: This product comes clear with no logo, but still has the unique illumination feature which can been seen around the edges.
[Standard] Clear: This is our base model with no images and no lighting.